Task-Based Language Teaching
- Course Description
- Learning Objectives
- Who should take this course
- Professional Training Certificate Core Course For:
- Instructor Biography
This is a core course for the Teaching English to Japanese Learners certificate program. There is currently an enormous interest in task-based teaching and learning. This course sets to provide a combination of theoretical and practical guide to designing, creating, and using tasks and tasks sequences, and to provide a focus on grammar and lexis in a task-based context. The course is designed for current and prospective teachers.
2. Explore and discuss sample materials illustrating a three-way focus on meaning, language, and form.
3. Discuss examples of tasks and lesson plans from teachers in Japan and around the world, suitable for all learner levels.
4. Learn how to adapt course materials that would incorporate a task-based element, and get practical advice on how to overcome typical problems.
5. Create a syllabus for an English course.