Intermediate Japanese Translation Skills
- Course Description
- Learning Objectives
- Who should take this course
- Professional Training Certificate Core Course For:
- Instructor Biography
This course builds on the topics discussed in the introductory translation skills course (JSL401), and provides additional practical, theoretical, and technical knowledge to help students further develop and master their translation skills. Through various assignments and discussions, students will gain a deeper understanding of the translation process, the application of translation strategies, the role of the translator, and the definition and importance of a high-quality translation to further improve their translation skills and produce high-quality documents in a variety of settings.
1. To better understand the translation process and skills needed to produce a high-quality document.
2. To gain more practical experience and confidence in translating a variety of documents.
3. To gain a fundamental understanding of the theoretical considerations in translation.
Who should take this course
Students who are interested in the field of translation and/or want to further develop and master the skills required for the art of translation.
Her goal is to help students learn not only practical translation skills, but also to translate with awareness of the purpose of translations and the role translators play in an increasingly globalized world.