Music Appreciation (5 Weeks)
- Course Description
- Learning Objectives
- Who should take this course
- Instructor Biography
By the end of this course, students will be able to:
1. Listen to an eclectic array of music on vinyl records and learn about the contextualized history of selected songs.
2. Demonstrate a deeper understanding of sociocultural shifts in society through discussion focused on musical examples featured in each class.
3. Understand and analyze the taxonomic relationships between different genres of music.
4. Develop new musical knowledge and perspectives to enhance their listening experience.
Who should take this course
English Language Learners of at least intermediate proficiency as well as native speakers who are interested in learning about the fascinating, deep histories of selected songs and music on vinyl.