Problem Solving for Managers
- Course Description
- Learning Objectives
- Who should take this course
- Professional Training Certificate Core Course For:
- Instructor Biography
This course begins with a look at the heuristics and biases, and how to reduce their negative influence. After this, we study the techniques necessary to organize complex business situations and generate effective “out-of-the-box” solutions. Lastly, we look at how to communicate our reasoning persuasively to stakeholders.
1. Gain an understanding of personal approaches to problem solving and become aware of one’s own strengths and weaknesses
2. Develop the ability to systematically analyze problems, applying reasoning to enhance decisions
3. Improve the developing and testing of hypotheses to determine which options are most likely to be effective<
4. Practice applying the essential tools of business analysis
Who should take this course
Professional Training Certificate Core Course For:
Gil’s work experience includes managerial, consultant, and executive positions, including IBM Asia Pacific, Nortel Networks, Hill & Knowlton, and Kyodo PR. He has advised many global and regional executives of top companies as well as ambassadors and embassies. He has a master’s degree from the University of Kansas, a bachelor’s degree from Colorado College, and has attended executive education programs at Harvard Business School. He is from the United States and speaks Japanese.